Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Inspirations

Sewing:
I have to admit that I never thought I would say this, but... I am thinking of making a quilt. I wouldn't say that I don't like quilts. Just that I haven't seen many that I did like. Or maybe I just haven't been exposed enough to the world of quilting. So I'm trying to get educated.
Here is a link to a few quilting tutorials on tipnut that I am working through on my road to creating my absolutely magnificent piece of art (which is not even in concept phase yet.) If you have any wisdom or tips or links to add, please feel free to do this. All help is not just welcome but desperately needed.
Simple Go-To QuiltBoxed In QuiltColors Quilt TutorialTake-Along Quilt

Cooking/baking:

I am slightly obsessed with decorating cookies at the moment (I haven't decorated any myself, yet - I'm still waiting for an order of colouring) BUT beware when I start, get ready to eat my cookie dust. 
Here is a cookie decorating tutorial for you for this week, from Sweetopia.
Happy Monday!

1 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Those cookies are great. I have wanted to do this for a long time and this tutorial makes it look possible. Thanks for sharing the link.

Have a great Monday!