Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I wrote a letter to my love...


A while back I was missing my family and decided to send a small care package. I thought about what I would have liked and realized that sitting down and having a cup of tea with my mom would be wonderful. So, because that is currently impossible I went for an alternative.


 I had seen a few people from our wonderful online craft world make these, but their only use was the cuteness factor. I decided to change the concept just a little by making the envelopes from different colours and I wrote tiny letters to my mom and attached them each to a teabag. So that when she was missing me she could have a cup of tea and read my note (not exactly a full conversation - but you have to take what you can get if you are oceans apart.)

 
If you have a loved one that you want to 'have a cup of tea with'  here is a quick how to for the letters :)

1. Print out the template and use it to cut out the shape from paper (it doesn't have to be cardstock - I used normal writing paper)
2. Fold the paper on the lines indicated on the template and stick fold 3 onto the side-folds 1 and 2 with double sided tape.
3. Redo step one and two as many times as desired. :)
4. Write a letter to whom ever you choose. (make sure the paper that you cut out to use for letter paper fits, width wise, into your envelope.)
5. Place the letter and the paper thingy from the teabag into your envelope and use double sided tape to seal it.
6. Decorate your envelopes however you choose and send it off to your loved one.


Happy crafting
^.^


10 comments:

loulou said...

I love this! The tiny letters are so darn cute. Your mom will be so happy.

Loulou Downtown

Allibeez said...

Really wonderful idea! I like yogi tea for that reason, their bags have little notes on them but this is so much better!! Good idea for a christmas gift!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool idea. I will put that down on my list. It serves as a good christmas gift for friends too.

Thanks for sharing :)
Wen

Unknown said...

That's so fantastic! I really really miss all the cuteness from Korea - I taught there 3 years ago and couldn't get enough of my local Barunson store.

Rebel said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful idea. I'm moving from Northern California to Hawaii in a month, my mom loves tea, I'm doing this. I love family & I adore this idea. Thanks for sharing your ideas. :)

Ashley Hatfield said...

Love love love this. Not sure how I even came across your blog, but I love it and I'm glad I did. I will definitely be adding this to my "Project List" during my upcoming Maternity Leave. Thanks for sharing.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

So adorable!

angry birds rio said...

Love it! thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

seriously. ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Love your idea very much.
Already made a few to send to my best friends. We always have a cup of tea together when we're on the phone. I moved to France 5 years ago from Belgium. For Belgians 800km is 'very far'away.Thank you very much for sharing.
We will enjoy our tea-party even more!